Schloss Charlottenburg
Große Orangerie

Venues at the Palace | Berlin Residence Concerts

Charlottenburg Palace

 

Schloss Charlottenburg (Fotograf: Hans Bach)

Photograph: Hans Bach

The original building of Charlottenburg Palace was built in the late 17th century as a summer residence for the later Queen Sophie Charlotte, who also served as eponym. The magnificent palace complex is surrounded by an impressive baroque garden in which the New Pavilion, the Mausoleum and the Belvedere, which originally served the court as a teahouse, are located.
The park of Charlottenburg Palace measures 55 hectares. It was formerly held French-style, but converted into an Englisch landscape garden in 1786.
Today Charlottenburg Palace is not only suited for walks and all kinds of events, but also offers a collection of architectural highlights as well as masterful paintings of the French Rococo and other jewels of the visual arts, particularly from the period of romanticism and Biedermeier.

For further information click here.

Great Orangery

 

Große Orangerie

The Great Orangery of Charlottenburg Palace was built from 1709 till 1712 and originally served as a winter residence of the botanical collection of rare citrus plants. During the summer months, when more than 500 orange, lemon and sour orange trees decorated the baroque garden, the Orangery regularly served as a magnificent scene for various festivities of the Prussian royal court.

In the tradition of the house, the opulent light-flooded ballrooms of the Great Orangery nowadays still offer a festive setting for banquets, concerts and events of all kinds.

For further information click here.

Former Court Theater
(Museum)

 

Langhans Halls

The three-storey Court Theater of early classical style was built in 1788 as the western end of Charlottenburg Palace. It was originally used for the highlights of courtly festivities.

After being destroyed in World War II only the exterior of the building was reconstructed. Just recently reopened, the former Theater of the Palace today represents a modern building with barrier-free access.
On the ground and first floor the house offers four spacious rooms of about 1,200 sqm which can be used for celebrations of different kinds!

For further information click here.

New Wing (White Hall)

 

Weißer Saal

The New Wing is the eastern, stand-alone end of Charlottenburg Palace and was nearly destroyed in World War II.
Today largely reconstructed, the royal building contains two representative ballrooms: The magnificent Golden Gallery on the one hand, and the White Hall which was personally inaugurated by Frederick the Great in 1742, on the other hand.
Formerly used as a dining room and today belonging to the museum, the White Hall promises royal flair and first-class acoustics.

In the other rooms of the New Wing numerous works of art such as classicist-romantic sculptures and works of French painting can be admired.

Please note that the White Hall is not accessible for wheelchairs.

For further information click here.